Wednesday, 15 December 2010

Location Reccies

Our media opening sequence is based in a house and the woods. I researched several locations before making my final decision on the places and areas our group should use. I had to make sure I took into consideration where each of the members in our group lived and what locations would be most accessible.

For the bedroom scene I have two possible bedrooms locations:


This bedroom is in Edgware Road, Central London which would make it easy to travel to and from, for everyone. It is also accessible to everyone in my group as it is available to film in any time however, the bunk beds did not suit the story line. A couple would usually be sharing the same bed and not be in separate ones which is why I decided this room was not appropriate for the story line.



This was the second bedroom choice, it is in Ladbroke grove which is also in Central London, making it accessible to everyone. This room is available at any time to film in and it is quite big which makes it easier to film in. The double bed fits the story line for the couple which made it perfect for filming the opening sequence in.




The kitchen was another room in which we would need to film in, for the scene with the graphic match of the knife, as the 'boyfriend' makes a sandwich. I had two kitchen room ideas:

This kitchen was quite big which would make it easy to film in, there are many surfaces available to set up for the scene the knife is needed. The kitchen sets up a very family orientated atmosphere as it creates a homely environment which is needed to develop the story line.



This was another kitchen that was available to film in any time, however it is quite small in size, and given the equipment available it would have made it difficult to film in although, this room does set the right mood for the scene.





In our film sequence we needed to make sure the house used in our filming had stairs to fit our scene which had cross cuts of our antagonist walking down the stairs and the shovel getting dragged across grass for effect. These were the only stairs available:

(Will get a picture up by tomorrow) These stairs perfectly matched the scene and could be used at any time.

The woods would not have been very practical, as there aren't any in the area which would make it difficult to travel to. Instead I decided that a park with lots of trees could easily fit the scene. These are the ones I found:

This park is in central London, and is part of a local area which would again make it easier for my group to travel to and from, the tree's set the right atmosphere and because it is local we would have no problem with the public questioning safety as not many people would be around.





This is part of Hyde Park which I thought would be a good idea to film in as it very big and is open for most of the day, however we could have difficulties filming someone with a shovel as the public may find it disturbing which is why I decided not to use a public well known park.

No comments:

Post a Comment